While Facebook’s primary purpose is to connect people from different parts of the world, it launches different kinds of compelling tools to boost a user’s Facebook experience. This year, Facebook has introduced “Canvas”, an amazing way for people with business interests to share their products on Facebook.
Facebook Canvas is an instant version of advertisements we always see on Facebook everywhere, all the time. Instead of going to another site via browser to see the advertisements, it automatically goes to the ad itself without waiting for some crucial seconds just to arrive at the intended website (for social media enthusiasts, every second counts).
Now that Facebook Canvas has been introduced to the world, how does it actually work?
It is not as complicated as it is expected to be. Facebook provides the tools needed and all there is to do is to fill the empty parts. You start by logging in to your Facebook account on a desktop (you can’t make the canvas on your mobile device). Click on the Publishing Tools at the upper part, and at the lower left part of the screen you can see the word Canvas. It will lead you to another page, just look for the word Create, and click it so you can start making your own ads.
There are lots of ways on how to get more views on your Facebook canvas. First, make your canvas appealing to the masses. Once you get inside the canvas builder page, you will see two parts in it: the left side for the editing part and the right for the preview. Don’t worry too much because everything that you can do inside the canvas builder is already there. For the editing part, you start by writing the title and selecting a theme which is the color that you want to dominate on your canvas. It’s up to your creativity skills to convince the audience to stay longer on your canvas. You can also see components that are placed as default by Facebook. However, you can erase these and add components of your own preference. You can choose six components to put in your canvas:
- Header– it is a small rectangular box where you can place a picture (e.g. logo of your business) at the topmost part of your ad. You can only have one header per canvas.
- Photo– you can add photos with your products in it. For example, Wendy’s did this by putting photos of their superb burgers. If you are selling clothes, put your bestseller outfits or the ones on sale.
- Carousel– this is like a slideshow of some photos you can put inside your canvas, but instead of scrolling down to see the photos, all you need to do is swipe it left or right just like how you browse photos from your gallery. You can put the feedbacks of your previous customers or your new products in your carousel.
- Video– videos are limited up to two minutes only, but you can cut them into a series of videos in whatever way you wanted it to be cut as long as it doesn’t exceed the time limit. Videos are moving, so it is best if you include people and their testimonials regarding your products or a tour of your shop as its content.
- Text Blocks– these are the blocks where you can write some texts in between videos, photos, and carousels. This is a good component where you can tell the viewers what the photo or video is all about in case they don’t vividly get the message of the other components. One of the ways on how to get more views on your Facebook canvas is to be good with words.
- Button– this button is used when you want your viewers to go to an external link (a website outside the Facebook portal) after they have viewed your Facebook canvas.
These components are easy to customize; you can change background colors, or choose how your photos are viewed (tap to expand or tilt to pan).
Another way on how to get more views on your Facebook canvas is to inform others that your canvas exists. You can attach the URL of your canvas to your add and then post it on your wall. Invite your friends or the public to view it. You should be ready to use your marketing skills to let them click your ad without exiting after five seconds. Just remember not to post your canvas on your facebook timeline as a regular post for web preview is not yet supported (you can attach the URL though). You can’t let people view your ad on their desktop, so target the Facebook mobile users instead.
Because of the modernity that it brings, it will not be that hard to find out how to get more views on your Facebook canvas. Now that people thirst for new discoveries and innovations, having this trendy way of showing advertisements will surely be a hit.